Monday, June 7, 2010

new schtamps

I got my stamp-collecting inclinations (can't call myself an actual collector) from my mom and my appreciation for correspondence from Joe. USPS's 2010 Stamp Program includes a series of ten works central to the abstract expressionism of the 40s and 50s. Got mine today! I'm so happy that they haven't been cropped out of their original proportions. Can't wait to use these (instead of the stupid stamps of intertwined marriage bands that the Smith Post Office lady uses on all my letters, gah!)


There's a Motherwell at the Smith College Museum of Art. I can't remember the title, but it never fails to make me crave kidney beans.

Image: USPS

2 comments:

C. C. Mock said...

I used to collect stamps in elementary school. It was much easier back in the 80s to do, but I would say near impossible now. It was quite fun and even more so when many of your friends do too. It was the trading cards of our days.

David said...

I demand Gustav Klimt and Salvadore Dali on postage stamps! Sign the petition today!