Monday, January 18, 2010

Yet another unrefuted blog crush... on Trish of Trouvais. How does she find all these gorgeous images and how many is too many to have stolen??:


By François Lalanne in the Paris apartment living room of Jacques Grange, c 1982. French Style. Suzanne Slesin & Stafford Cliff. Jacques Dirand photography

Ridiculous and a half!

It'd be really nice if somebody made donkey-themed furniture so that I could call it redonkulous.

Reminds me of the Bird Feet Candlesticks I blogged about so long ago.


__


I forgot to bring any English books with me. I picked up One Hundred Years of Solitude after my brother finished it. I finished it in a fury during our internet-less trip to Guilin. So many characters of the same names: Arcadios and Jose Arcadios and Aurelianos and Aureliano Joses...Amarantas and Remedios. I'd never enjoyed confusion more than while reading this. Dying of love, ghosts, levitating to heaven while hanging up the laundry, bastard children, gypses, SIESTAS...almost the same sort of magical realism as That Other Guy whom I know my peeps love.

___

Back to sweet sweet SF for a day and a half (and then school for ever)!!

1 comment:

C. C. Mock said...

this would be so cool for Ella's room!